What you might need to know or take with you on your first day
- The exact address of where you are going to be working and how to get there (it might not be at the same venue as the interview!).
- Who to report to when you arrive.
- The dress code (this should be made clear to you by the type of job you’re doing e.g. bricklayer (old clothes) / check out assistant (uniform) or during the interview or in follow up conversations (make sure you ask).
- Your bank account details (if they are paying you directly into your bank account).
- Your National Insurance number.
- Your P45 (if you’ve had a job before).
- Your lunch if you’re not sure if there is a canteen.
- Who to contact (and their phone number) if you are going to be late or absent (which you aren’t going to be unless it’s completely unavoidable!)
Stamp images: Carved Man by Lewis, Highdown by Joe, Worthing landscape Kevin, Arundel by Megan, Barn owl ©Darin SmithSussex Wildlife Trust.