- There are plenty of retail opportunities in Coastal West Sussex whether through high-street fashion shops, small independent outlets, supermarkets or car showroom dealerships. If you are struggling to get initial experience, why not try volunteering for a local charity shop?
- retail [re-tail] noun
- (noun) The sale of goods to the public for use or consumption rather than for resale.
- (adverb) Being sold in such a way: “it is not available retail”.
- (verb) Sell (goods) to the public in such a way: “the difficulties in retailing new products”.
If you enjoy working with other people and take pride in offering great customer service, then a career in retail may be the right pathway for you.
There are fantastic opportunities for careers in the retail sector and many companies have accredited training programmes for their staff. Can you see yourself running your own department or even your own store?
For details of how to apply for jobs and Sainsbury’s and their Trainee Manager programme click here
Here are some examples of entry level jobs in this sector:
- Sales Assistant
- Counter Service Assistant
- Customer Service Assistant
- Checkout Operator
- Visual Mechandiser
And some jobs you can progress to:
Please click here to see many other options available to you.
Remember. . . you can always get a job in Sales, Marketing, IT, Human Resources and Finance in any sector.
Stamp images: Carved Man by Lewis, Highdown by Joe, Worthing landscape Kevin, Arundel by Megan, Barn owl ©Darin SmithSussex Wildlife Trust.