The Creative, Digital and IT industries can be really exciting to work in. They are fast moving and with plenty of opportunities. Many companies now have IT departments for managing information, computers, networks, and other technical areas of their businesses. IT jobs include computer programming, network administration, web development, technical support, and many other related occupations.
Other companies in this sector include printers, telecommunications, marketing and design agencies.
- (adjective) relating to or involving the use of the imagination or original ideas to create something.
- (noun) a person whose job involves creative work.
I.T [I-T] noun
- Information technology (IT) is the application of computers and telecommunications equipment to store, retrieve, transmit and manipulate data, often in the context of a business
- Any media that are encoded in a machine-readable format. Digital media can be created, viewed, distributed, modified and preserved on computers.
- This is the marketing of products or services using digital channels to reach consumers.
The digital technology sector provides the infrastructure and platforms through which creative content is often delivered. There is growing synergy between the digital, creative and IT sectors, with it increasingly being referred to as the CDIT sector. This is a fast growing sector and future skills requirements are likely to include IT security, cloud computing, IT convergence, and multi-platform content management.
Many digital companies are looking for good designers, developers and coders. If you have these skills and a creative flair, there are local opportunities. C++ and Microsoft C# are sought after skills in today’s job market.
L&S Printing are a Founding Partner of CoastalWestSussexJobs.com – find out more about them here.
Here are some examples of entry level jobs in this sector:
And progression routes could be:
- Computer Technician
- Helpdesk Professional
- IT Project Manager
- Network Engineer
- Social Media Manager
- TV / Film Production Manager
- Web Developer
You can also watch other employers in this sector talking about employability skills with the BEACH team in Brighton and Hove the WOW team in the Surrey area and the Take OFF team in the Gatwick Diamond area.
Remember. . . you can always get a job in Sales, Marketing, IT, Human Resources and Finance in any sector.
Stamp images: Carved Man by Lewis, Highdown by Joe, Worthing landscape Kevin, Arundel by Megan, Barn owl ©Darin SmithSussex Wildlife Trust.