The Coastal West Sussex area has a large Business and Financial Services sector with a huge variety of roles within it, some customer facing and some in a back office environment. You’d expect to need organisational skills, business sense and be good with numbers to do these jobs, but you also need good communication and people skills too.
There are also administration and clerical jobs to be found in this sector as well as jobs requiring higher level degrees such as Solicitor, Accountant and Auditor.
business [biznis] noun
- A person’s regular occupation, profession, or trade.
- An activity that someone is engaged in.
- finance [finans] noun
- (noun) The management of large amounts of money, esp. by governments or large companies.
- (verb) Provide funding for (a person or enterprise).
- banking [bank-king] noun
- The business conducted or services offered by a bank.
- The occupation of a banker: “to pursue a banking career”.
- insurance [in-sur-ance] noun
- A practice by which a company provides a guarantee of compensation for specified loss, damage, illness, or death in return for payment…
- The business of providing such an arrangement.
- A professional person who performs accounting functions such as audits or financial statement analysis. Accountants can either be employed with an accounting firm, a large company with an internal accounting department, or can set up an individual practice.
solicitor [so-liss-e-ter] noun
- a member of the legal profession qualified to deal with conveyancing, the drawing up of wills, and other legal matters. A solicitor may also instruct barristers and represent clients in some courts.
Here are some examples of jobs in this sector:
- Banking Customer Service Adviser
- Data Entry Clerk
- Financial Services Customer Adviser
- Insurance Claims Handler
Please click here to see many other options available to you.
Remember. . . you can always get a job in Sales, Marketing, IT, Human Resources and Finance in any sector.
Stamp images: Carved Man by Lewis, Highdown by Joe, Worthing landscape Kevin, Arundel by Megan, Barn owl ©Darin SmithSussex Wildlife Trust.