So, in order to embark on your career you will have to make decisions about your pathway through education.
Fortunately, there are great schools, colleges and routes to university in Coastal West Sussex.
Whether you are looking to study further or gain employment, it is really important that you:
- Know your skills
- Consider the subjects you enjoy learning
- Research careers relating to those subjects
- Understand the qualifications needed to be successful in your chosen career path
- Achieve the best result you can in Maths and English GCSE
If you’re not yet sure about your career path – don’t worry! Concentrate on the first two points above and talk through your ideas with your friends, family, Careers Adviser and teachers.
Definitions of qualification levels
- Entry Level Courses
e.g. BTEC Skills for Working Life, ESOL Skills for Life
- Level 1 Introductory Courses
e.g. BTEC level 1 Award or Certificate, NVQ or VRQ level 1, City & Guilds, IMI level 1, Destinations, 14-19 Foundation Diploma
- Level 2 Intermediate Courses
e.g. BTEC level 2 Award or Certificate, NVQ or VRQ level 2, City & Guilds, IMI level 2, Intermediate Apprenticeships
- Level 3 Advanced Courses
e.g. A level, Access to Higher Education, BTEC level 3 Extended Diploma, NVQ level 3, Advanced Apprenticeships
- Level 4-5 Higher Education Years 1 & 2
e.g. BTEC Higher National Diploma, Foundation Degrees, Higher Apprenticeships (certain frameworks)
- Level 6 Higher Education Year 3
e.g. BA (hons) Top-Up Degree, Higher Apprenticeships
Stamp images: Carved Man by Lewis, Highdown by Joe, Worthing landscape Kevin, Arundel by Megan, Barn owl ©Darin SmithSussex Wildlife Trust.